(Made a lot of progress on my commissions today. Got posing done for a couple of them, and one of them is half completed with color. As such, I think it should be ok to throw up this guy. Been working on him for a bit now on and off, and I'd like to get his design out there, since multiple people have asked me about what Judas' teachers are like. Here's one of his primary teachers, who before Judas left the coven, taught his own advanced summoning classes, /and/ the upper level elemental projection class which Judas attended. )
Master Julian Bashir
Also known by a title of The Raven Mage.
One of 14 high ranking teachers in the coven which exists in secret, to teach students like Judas how to control their Anima (spirit projection) into suitable spells.
Small note: He is referred to as a Mage, due to his magic practice, and sometimes as a Conjurer, due to his affinity for summoning spells, but never as a Wizard, because of his betrayal of a cult/coven he belonged to. Now in place of the Wizard title, he is referred to unaffectionately as a Warlock. Or betrayer.
Bashir's primary field of study is summoning, but his class is advanced students only, for those who specialized their first few years in summoning. What makes his class different from standard ones:
1. Field studies. Most lower level classes talk about the Hows, but do not apply this knowledge directly. His class involves summoning a multitude of creatures, and forms. Emphasizing on how to control them.
2. Intense demonstrations. His class touches base on certain forbidden spells, and he teaches students the How of disrupting, or disarming a master in the act; this also includes how to send a conjured creature back to their home plane, or into oblivion.
3. A subject matter he created, called specialized summoning. He teaches students to abandon their runes, talismans, and symbols, and instead use their secondary skills to bring a summoned being to fruition.
For instance (As shown) he can project his shadow Anima, and give his summoned spirit familiar a true physical form. (Familiars, unlike minions do not have physical forms. They exist only in the eyes and purview of the one who's soul they are attached to. ) This is a skill mastered only by himself, but practiced by a handful of select students which he has taught.
This technique can also be learned by those who majored in other magical arts. Alchemical students can learn to summon a creature which takes the form of any liquid substance they brew, or any solidified substance they form.
Transmogrification students can learn to take inanimate objects, and not only change them into living things, but bind those things to them.
(Currently, he is the only known Warlock which is capable of giving their familiar a physical form through elemental projection.)
He is of Egyptian descent.
His age appears in his late 40s, but his true age is more than a few hundred years. He achieved this by casting a spell on his own body which reverses the effects of aging. This is also involved with how he obtained the title The Raven Mage.
He became known as a Warlock (A betrayer) to a cultists circle he was born into, when he massacred the group mid-ritual, and stole the secrets they possessed in their archives. Among the secrets, was a spell for extended life. (Note: This lifespan is not forever. But simply an increase. It also does not guarantee immortality, so he still had to guard himself against disease, and other beings. But because the spell does not specify the age you'll live to, he has no way of knowing when he'll die, unless he chooses to end it. )
He eventually destroyed the spells which he had stolen, and knowledge of them faded from the world.
His title was originally that of a Kinslayer, but folk stories and legends morphed it, and began to tell tales of the Shadow-Weaver, and The Black Star. Eventually the tales died out, but one of the last stories involving his distorted legends, called him The Raven Mage. This (False) story illustrated how 'he absorbed his own body into pitch black shadow, and became one with the darkness. But as much as he rejoices under a blackened sky, when the sun begins to rise he shapes his form into that of a giant Raven, to flee forever from the sunlight, fearing it's quick retribution for the cruel atrocities committed under the harrowing glare of the moon's gaze.'
But that's only a story.
He carries 13 fetished items to himself. All of which include a specific enchantment, spell, or bond with him. (Some are repeats, due to it being an extremely weak spell, or complimentary spells.)
1. A gold ring on his left index finger: Staves off fatigue when tired from lack of sleep.
2. Two silver rings on his left ring finger: Lessen the effects of heat and cold on his body.
3. A jade necklace with 7 stones: To protect him from an unbound roaming demons' sight.
4. A single wax candle: To give him sight into the spirit world. (When lit)
5. A wooden stake: Wild animals will feel weary of his presence. Most will avoid him.
6. A brimstone wand: Allows him to project his anima more precisely. (Shadow, Light, and Arcane anima's benefit the most from this.)
7. A necklace charm, made with small animal bones: Imps will flee at the rattling noise.
8. A golden pocketwatch: Allows him to mesmerize creatures with low intelligence.
9. A small leather satchel: Contains a form of his shadow, to use when in places of pure light.
10. 2 Turquoise ankle bracelets: To reduce pain in that leg. (From a previous, somewhat recent injury, given by a healing witch.)
11. A leather sandal: Increases his dexterity.
His Familiar is a part of himself, and reacts to his emotions. As such, it has no name, other than his own.
Note: His sexuality remains unspoken, as currently he has no obvious relationship with any member of the coven; and next to no contact with the outside world.
His bodytype is very lithe and thin. But not emaciated in any way.
He's 6'2, and weighs about 158 Lbs. His height is distributed mostly through his torso, and a bit through his legs.
He /always/ wears that one sandal. The only thing he cares about with the other leg, is that the height isn't different due to another type of shoe.
His eyes are naturally brown, but he lost an eye (His right) when he was a child, before he destroyed the cult which he grew up in. As a sort of coming-of-age test, they pit him against a Gatekeeper. (Demon)
He defeated it through cunning, and using his environment to his advantage, and as a reward, he took it's eye as his own, and a spell healed the eye once in place. Because of the taint which is exerted from this unnatural eye, his own spirit familiar was changed along the process, and instead of having no visible eyes, now shows the same glowing right eye, but the eye is visible from all angles as a 2 dimensional shape due to the glow it presents, and the properties of his anima.
He currently lives in Toronto, ON. Under the watchful eye of the coven he avoids the majority of human contact, and stays away from everyday people. When he /does/ leave the coven's base, he has to wear a disguise to hide his eyes.
But for the most part any interaction between himself and other people, are either through other teachers who work alongside him, or the students he teaches.
(c) To myself.